A few weeks back I offered tips for tackling a little lace dress at the office. A lacey top can be just as challenging for 9-to-5 wear.
I purchased this cream-colored lace top from H&M with evening outfits in mind - perhaps paired with black or bright shorts, heels, and just a little coverage underneath.
However, when layered over a cream-colored, lace-trimmed cami, paired with a modest, striped, full skirt fromBanana Republic and nude platform sandals from Michael by Michael Kors, the top becomes totally office-appropriate. Oh, and in case you haven’t met me yet, I always add a little belt (this one borrowed from a BCBG jacket) to nip in the waist and pull the color story together.
Is there a piece in your closet you’re challenged by repurposing in your wardrobe? Let us know in the comments, and we may tackle it in an upcoming installment of “How to Wear!”
- Top, H&M. No longer available online. Similar available here and here.
- Skirt, Banana Republic. No longer available; similar available here and here.
- Heels, Michael by Michael Kors. No longer available; similar available here and here.
- Necklace, Forever21. No longer available; similar available here and here.
- Belt, borrowed from a BCBG jacket.