One of my favorite things about living in the Bay Area is its proximity to wine country. Just a little over an hour north (or northwest, respectively) of San Francisco, and you’re surrounded by the vineyards of Sonoma or Napa.
MK and I celebrated our free Friday after July 4 by wine tasting in Sonoma. It was another unusually warm day in the Bay Area, which meant that I got to wear this new-ish, breezy print dress from H&M without a jacket or a sweater, even during the evening.
I definitely have a go-to outfit when it comes to wine tasting:
- A comfortable dress that can easily go from sipping wine outside in the afternoon to a nice dinner in the evening
- A light jacket or sweater in case it gets chilly (a year-round Bay Area necessity)
- Flat shoes. You spend most of wine tasting on your feet. Plus, several tastings of wine later, walking along the hilly vineyards in heels becomes even more precarious
- A hands-free purse. A) because you’re less likely to forget it somewhere if you get a little tipsy, and B) so your hands will be free to sample all of the wine, cheese and other deliciousness
- Sunglasses. Because this is California, after all
If you find yourself with a Bay Area-related (or beyond Bay Area) fashion question on your hands, feel free to ask, and MK and I would be happy to provide an answer.
- Dress, H&M. No longer available online, but I recently spied it still in stores, and on sale!
- Sandals: Enzo Angiolini. No longer available, but check out these other silver gladiator options, all under $100,here, here and here.
- Sunglasses: Tom Ford (no longer available, but similar available at Nordstrom, $400