I’ve been doing quite a bit of traveling lately -- and with a trip to Italy coming up in October (yay!), I won’t be slowing down anytime soon.
This also means I’ve been putting quite a bit of time into planning travel outfits, ensembles that are comfortable and practical enough for the rigors involved in getting from Point A to Point B, but that also are appealing and appropriate enough for the events slated to take place when the plane touches down.
In today’s (quick, 3-minute!) video, I’ve assembled six of my all-time favorite travel outfits, including the jackets and accessories I pair with them. This includes options for cold and warm weather destinations, short and long-haul flights, and both dressy and casual occasions.
Here are a few tips for planning the perfect travel outfit:
- Opt for lightweight layers of breathable, wrinkle-resistant materials.
- If you’re worried about potential smudges or spills that might mire your outfit, prints are often just as forgiving as dark colors.
- Don’t wear a pair of brand new shoes for your trip. Trust me. Your feet will thank you.
- Always pack a lightweight scarf in your carry-on, no matter how hot your destination. It can double as a shawl against overly-aggressive AC, a hair wrap in case of rain, a cover-up at the pool, etc.
- Keep large necklaces, watches, etc. (and belts, if your outfit can spare it) in your purse until you get through security. That way you aren’t fumbling with them all in line.
What are your go-to travel outfits?